Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bad everything

Currently listening to: eastmountainsouth

Well, its obvious I'm a terrible blogger, since I haven't blogged since July. Yeah. Whatever. In addition to being a bad blogger, lately, I have been a:

bad friend
bad daughter
bad student
bad nurse
bad CNSA secretary
bad example of Christ...

just to name a few.

The problem really is that I feel like I have so many roles to fulfill, and I'm spread so thin I can't fulfill them all well. So the result is me half-assing everything. Which really irritates me. I don't really know how to fix it. Today, I had a minor breakdown when I began thinking of all the crap I have to get done for school before Thanksgiving break. I've learned that I suck at being under stress and the only way for me to deal with stress is to take things hour by hour, day by day. So for now, I've resigned myself to only dealing with what is currently at hand. I can't think about what I'm going to have to do tomorrow because then I start to freak out. So, for today, I'm just trying to study my brain into slush for my advanced medsurg test tomorrow. Blech. 

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" Matthew 6: 33-34

In all of my roles, I need to seek Him first. I know that when I do this, things tend to miraculously fall into place by the grace of God. But that doesn't make it any easier. 

And can I just say how freaking excited I am for Thanksgiving with my rad family? Well, I'm stoked. My mom's cooking is fantastic, my dad is a nutcase, and my brother is a spaz. Love it. Plus, I get to see my crazy cousins, my Disney-obsessed aunt and uncle, my freakish cat, and my other strange pets. I've been checking the weather in the bay area pretty much everyday, and its supposed to be rainy and gray over Thanksgiving. Praise GOD. I love the bay area in November; the leaves actually change color up there. Plus, Thanksgiving means its all th
e more closer to CHRISTMAS. Yes, I've been listening to Christmas music since September, and you know what? I don't care if you judge me. So here's to my mom's organic pies, my dad's tendency to have the Christmas lights up right after Thanksgiving dinner, my brother hogging the computer, walks on the Greenbelt, staying in my pajamas all day, Sadie Marie, taking pictures of leaves, my feather bed, apple cider, and reading something other than nursing textbooks. Oh, and here's to taking things day by day. Because sometimes that all you can really do. 

Homemade apple cider? It doesn't get much better than that.

Grace and peace,
Hillary

2 comments:

Vindie said...

Yay for you blogging again. We need to catch up over Christmas break for sure! BTW we just bought a condo in Concord! Crazzzzy. Hope wrapping up school isn't too bad. Also, you are definitely too hard on yourself. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Hillary Evan said...

We love you!!!!!

Cali, Emily, Kaitlin, and Veronica

Chau Bella